Strengthening our bond to improve animals' lives

PLEASE RESPOND BY 11/11/16 Possible Scholarship or Award Opportunity

American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior Forums Executive Board Board Decisions PLEASE RESPOND BY 11/11/16 Possible Scholarship or Award Opportunity

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by avsabe@gmail.com avsabe@gmail.com 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    avsabe@gmail.com
    avsabe@gmail.com
    Keymaster

PLEASE RESPOND BY NEXT FRIDAY, 11/11/16

I don’t know who handles our awards/scholarships/sponsorships so:

1. Please voice if you want to take this opportunity
    2. If so, who to pass this on to
    Josh, the web designer is also designing the website for a law firm that does major work with dog bite victims. They created a video and other materials to help prevent dog bites. They would also like to offer some sort of cash award or scholarship to a student or professional involved with dog bite prevention. Josh recommended they be in touch with AVSAB. Nice of him!
    Please see the article in the email below. I will put this in the forum for responses so I will know if and who to give them as a contact.
    Thanks,
    Carolyn
    email from Josh (after phone call from him – please see article on law firm and their website):
    Law firm website is: https://slaterzurz.com/ and Josh spoke highly of them but you can also contact Josh directly at joshuapaul80@gmail.com

Carolyn,

There’s a pretty good article in the Beacon Journal today about the law firm (that wants to set up the scholarship program) that I do work for and their dog bite prevention efforts. Thought you might find it interesting, and would give some context to our last conversation…
    Here’s the link to the article: http://www.ohio.com/news/akron-law-firm-aims-to-educate-kids-on-how-to-avoid-dog-bites-with-video-book-1.723384
    Thanks,
    Josh

Carolyn Lincoln, DVM
    AVSAB Corresponding Secretary

Carolyn Lincoln, DVM

avsabe@gmail.com
    avsabe@gmail.com
    Keymaster

My thoughts:

This could be a good way to get more public exposure for the AVSAB as well as a way to help our member. I don’t know what amount they are considering. It could be $100 or $100,000! Who knows. I am just not sure if there is a “delicacy” about connecting to law firms.

So my vote is to pass it on to whoever handles this if appropriate.

Best,

Carolyn

Carolyn Lincoln, DVM

Carolyn Lincoln, DVM

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact us

For any questions, please contact

Carolyn Lincoln, DVM
avsabe@gmail.com

Find us on facebook, twitter and youtube!