1. Who qualifies for regular membership?
Veterinarians (those holding a DVM or equivalent degree). Both U.S. and foreign residents are welcome to apply.
2. How do I maintain my membership?
Annual dues payments is required for membership.
3. How do I know when my membership expires?
Go to Manage Membership. This is your account page which lists your next dues payment date. Those paying via credit card online will be automatically charged annually.
4. I don’t want you to automatically charge my credit card annually. How do I opt out?
Go to Manage Membership, and click “cancel membership”. This will remove the recurring payment but your membership privileges will remain active until the term of your last payment has ended.
↑ Back to Top
1. Who qualifies for affiliate membership?
Qualified applicants include those holding a doctoral (PhD) degree in animal behavior, or a related discipline, from an accredited college or university, or who meet the following exceptions:
- those whose memberships were established prior to 2002, when affiliate status required graduate educational training in animal behavior or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
- those whose memberships were established prior to 1986
2. I meet all of the qualifications for affiliate membership, how do I apply?
- Submit your current curriculum vitae (CV) to the Corresponding Secretary at [email protected]
- A majority vote by the Executive Board is required for acceptance of affiliate membership
- Once your membership is accepted, the Corresponding Secretary will contact you for dues payment if not already submitted
3. How do I maintain my membership?
Annual dues payment and bi-annual submission of a current curriculum vitae is required to maintain affiliate membership. If your membership lapses through non-payment of dues, you must reapply and meet the current requirements for membership as outlined in the Constitution and By-laws
1. Who qualifies for student membership?
Veterinary medical students (those seeking a DVM or equivalent degree) at U.S and international schools, colleges, or universities.
Sorry, but veterinary technicians and vet tech students are not eligible for AVSAB membership. We recommend checking out the Society of Veterinary Behavior Technicians (www.svbt.org) and the Academy of Veterinary Behavior Technicians (www.avbt.net) for behavior resources for technicians.
Go to Manage Membership, and click cancel. Once you cancel your student membership, you can purchase a regular membership. After purchasing, your membership will change over to the appropriate type
3. We have a behavior club at our school. How do we apply for student chapter membership?
- Select an advisor who is a current AVSAB member. Advisors may be either regular or affiliate AVSAB members.
- Review the Student Constitution and Bylaws and download and complete the Student Chapter Membership Application and Renewal form
- Send an alphabetized membership list, including full names and email addresses, application and dues payment to the AVSAB Corresponding Secretary (electronic documents should be sent to [email protected])
- Student chapters wishing to send payment online may visit paypal.com directly and send dues to [email protected]
- Direct all questions and other correspondence to Dr. Sally Foote at [email protected]