Welcome to the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior
We are a group of veterinarians and research scientists dedicated to improving the lives of animals and people through an understanding of animal behavior. Join us and discover how insight into animal behavior can strengthen your bond with your pets and enhance the welfare of your patients.
A Community of Veterinarians Dedicated to Animal Behavior
Members enjoy exclusive access to our protected forums, where you can share and engage in conversations with other professionals about issues and research relating to animal behavior.
As a member of AVSAB, you’ll be able to network with other professionals in our private online community. Think of it sort of like Facebook, but for Vets specializing in Animal Behavior.
Grow your practice and increase your visibility through our online directory of behavior specailists. We have the largest online database of veterinarians specializing in animal behavior.
Join our Community Today!
A membership to AVSAB will afford you the opportunity to learn from and contribute to a unique community of animal behavior professionals and students. By interacting with our online forums, members and groups, you’ll develop new ideas and strategies that you can implement in your veterinary practice.
There are many benefits to membership at AVSAB, and we welcome professional veterinarians, researchers, and students. You’ll find access to exclusive opportunities that you can only find on our website, including job openings, research opportunities, scholarships, and more.
Annual Clinical Animal Behavior Conference
October 5 – 7, 2018
Presented by AVSAB and SVBT and open to all interested behavior professionals.
AVSAB is teaming up with the SVBT (The Society of Veterinary Behavior Technicians) and the AVBT (The Academy of Veterinary Behavior Technicians) to hold an interactive, hands-on conference.
Loation: Oquendo Center: 2425 E Oquendo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89120
AVSAB Board Position Nominations
Interested in joining AVSAB’s board? We are currently accepting nominations for the following Board Member positions;
- President Elect
- Corresponding Secretary
- Member at Large
Board Member positions are 1- 2 year terms and involve jointly overseeing the activities of AVSAB. If you don’t think you have the time to serve on AVSAB’s board, then consider serving on one of our committees.
Listed below are brief outlines of various board positions and committees. If you are interested in becoming a board member or serving on a committee, then please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
In addition to the duties listed below, AVSAB Board and Committee members are asked to attend AVSAB’s annual meeting each fall in Las Vegas during CABC.
– at the termination of the President’s term becomes the successor of said office
– fulfills the duties of the president in the event that the president is unavailable to activities
-oversees committees and supports committee efforts
Corresponding Secretary (1 yr term):
– responsible for overseeing correspondence (the AVSAB email account) on behalf of the Society; ensuring that all actions are in accordance with the provisions of the By-Laws of the Society; and approving potential applicants for membership in AVSAB.
Member At Large (2 positions- 1 yr term and a 2 yr term)
– participates as needed in review of policies and projects as well as serve as a member on one or more of the committees.
Public Relations/Education Committe is looking for volunteers with:
- Managing/overseeing the YouTube account. This person should be familiar with videography as well as YouTube.
- Assisting with Newsletter content, detail and organization
- CABC Speaker Sub-committee Chair – assisting in strategic planning and implementation of arranging speakers for the annual CABC
The Speaker’s Bureau Committee is looking for volunteers to manage/approve AVSAB members looking to be identified as potential speakers at professional engagements.